Why is the title of my PDF file different from the file name?
Reason:The browser simply reads the metadata stored in the actual PDF file as the document's title, which may differ from the document filename. You can confirm this by opening the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader > go to File > Properties.
- Open the Print Production tools and click Preflight
- Select individual corrections in the preview window (click the button with the small wrench icon).
- Select the fix "Show document title in document window" and click on the "Fix" button.
The title is a name that you can change if necessary. The file name is a unique identifier that remains unchanged.
Then click on the PDF file that you want to renameRight click on the file -> select Rename -> Type the name you want for the PDF files and press Enter..
There are four possible reasons why your PDF cannot be renamed – 1)The file is still open with the application2) The file was deleted or modified in another window. 3) The file was too long or named with illegal characters. 4) The file was created with the wrong application.
- Open Microsoft Word and click on the "File" option.
- Select the "Open" option.
- Now select the PDF file that you want to edit.
- Here you will see a notification that your PDF file has been converted to an editable format.
- Click OK and you can edit the file.
This single-valued attribute specifies the PDF title thatcan describe the use or provenance of the PDF output file. This value is displayed in the Title field in the PDF document properties. Parent topic: Attributes for the printer object class.
Rename the file in File Explorer or OneDrive
Open File Explorer or OneDrive. Right-click the file and choose Rename.
Go to the "File" > "Settings" tab to open the "Settings" dialog box, click the "Documents" option, check the "Always use file names as document titles" option and click "OK" to to save the setting.
- Select the text.
- In the Paragraph panel or Control Panel, click one of the alignment buttons (Align Left, Align Center, Align Right, Align Left, Align Center, Align Right, and Align Full).
- (Optional) Click Orient to Back or Orient Away From Back.
Can you correct the PDF file?
Open the file in Acrobat. In the right pane, click the Edit PDF tool. Use Acrobat's editing tools: Add new text, edit text, or update fonts using a selection from the format list.
- Start Acrobat but do not open the files.
- Choose File > Create > Combine Files Into One PDF.
- Click Add Files.
- Navigate to the PDF file that is causing problems, select it and click Add Files.
- Press Combine, Folder1. pdf was created.
- File > Save As.
- Run Adobe Acrobat as an administrator. ...
- When the program loads, go to "File" and select "Properties".
- A window will appear. ...
- This will display the metadata of the PDF. ...
- Choose Remove, then click OK.